View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 05:22 AM
block30
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

If I may be so brash, I *think* what Unlimited Akro is saying is that when people come on the forums and ask about 121 flying like it is a neat thing to do for a little bit, that mind set cheapens the career, or frustrates people who have been working doggedly to even make it to a 121 gig. Zero to hero programs being worse.

I don't know how accurate the doctor comparison is, but if some one said 'after retiring from X main line at age 65 I will do family practice just for kicks because I got my MD certs awhile ago before I started flying. Since I already have a retirement check, my med practice will just be at cost.'. And now the young doc in town with their new practice and a TON of debt is thinking oh great. Again, not a one for one analogy, just trying to see things Unlimited's way (I think)

With that said, the OP has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share. That will be recognized all over. Probably won't get main line, but you know the deal. Kinda surprised at the number of career changers that want either corporate or 121.... It's as if good 135 or CFI gigs never get asked about. You could probably freelance instruct and set your own price. Best wishes, let us know how things go.