View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 05:48 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by UnlimitedAkro View Post
What is the difference between working at a "fairly decent sized approach control" and working at "approach control"...... besides a giant ego?

This industry has reached a new low when people are retiring from their other careers to fly RJs for pennies because they think it might be fun to try for a while. I am going to throw up.
Quantity of traffic
You know that part of the pay is based on the quantity of traffic at the facility right?
I think you might be the one here with a attitude problem (ego) if this is all you are willing to add to the dicussion.

To the OP and others - since when did it become a rule that only one career (especially in a field with a mandatory retirement) was allowed? How would it fly if I said after finishing an airline career that if you wanted to start your own business then you would be taking away the opportunity from some 20 year old with the same business idea. Pretty ridiculous eh? If he takes a job at a regional, he'll take the same wage and put up with the same crap that any new hire puts up with in the beginning.
OP - it certainly seems like you are asking for the short end of the stick by looking at Regional flying. You obviously have experience and have already been (or currently are) a professional pilot so I'm not sure what it is that draws you to Regional flying. Seems to me that you already have a prett ygood deal or could find another. If you decide to do this - I hope you go in with a real deep look at the pros and cons of this endeavor.

USMCFLYR

Last edited by USMCFLYR; 01-27-2012 at 06:04 AM.