View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 05:32 PM
satpak77
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by Tweetdrvr View Post
DLF same as always. Everyday at UPT is groundhog day.

Sending you a PM

For all the Laughlin Alums who haven't seen lovely Del Rio by the Sea in a few years, or decades. They are building a new bypass four lane highway as part of NAFTA stuff that intersects US 277 just north of the back gate access road, cuts under the T-6 pattern, crosses US 90 just west of Gateway apartments, runs out under T-6 initial and radar initial out to 277 by the lake. Should make commuting for those who live by the lake very nice. Should be a boon to business, both legal and illegal. Gas stations, Quickie Marts, Truck Stops and lot lizards on the way.

The Herald, one of Del Rio's finest dining establishments since circa 2004, in old Del Rio has closed.

Manuel's Mexican from over in Acuna has opened an establishment on Veteran's Blvd/Ave F.

Plaza del Sol still tiny, but movies still cheap. Matinee prices still about $4. All day Tuesday $4. And full price might be $7. Tiny theater, no stadium seats, but great place to see movies that you might not give second thought to seeing otherwise.

Del Rio now a 2 Subway, 3 McDonalds, 1 Schotzky, 1 Jack in the Box, 1 Wendy's, 1 What-a-burger, 1 DQ, no Taco Bell, no Popeyes fast food town.

No one knows what is up with Crosby's and Corona Club since border is all but closed to DOD personnel.

That is all.
Tweet, Manuels in DR blows. Their salad dressing they keep on the table is Country Fare or whatever the generic HEB brand is. They don't serve Sprite, it will be Spritz or the generic HEB equivalent.

If you walk/drive across the bridge, that street is largely closed shops and businesses. I think Crosby's is closed. No, nobody needs to cross over, way too dangerous.

when is that highway gonna be open ? I have not been in DR since 2009. Where is the singles place? It used to be Rich's headed towards Chili's but now I am dating myself....