View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 05:53 AM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
I believe I said that I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't have the answers and I won't pretend I don't. I am just commenting on the fact that many on APC criticize those who believe in climate change because the scientific community isn't in complete agreement. If you read the previous threads, first they criticized the fact that the earth was warming, then they said the warming was not affecting the climate because it was still cold in the winter, then they bring up the fact that the earth experienced extreme temperatures before, and then they say the link between human activity and CO2 levels has not been established. The point I am trying to make is there is dogma on both sides.

Just because you can find an article that says the earth is not warming or humans have no noticeable affect on the climate does not mean the debate is over just as much as a report stating the opposite does. Why not approach this with an open mind?
There is only one side that says there is no room for debate and that the science is "settled". There is only one side that takes money and flushes it down the solyndra toilet because the science is "settled". There is only one side that could with a straight face shutdown the key stone pipeline and then claim that they are for an "all of the above" energy solution to our problems. Find an article, post or opinion from the "deniers" that says climate change (or as we like to say, The Weather) shouldnt be studied. On the contrary we say it hasnt been studied enough.

You sound very reasonable, guess what you are a denier in the other sides eyes.

What about the ozone layer? Is the gravity stronger at the south pole is that why all the fluorocarbons settle down there and eat all the ozone? Or is it because those nasty man made chemicals just naturally roll to the bottom of the earth. You would think they would eat all the ozone in the northern hemisphere since that is where all the bad capitalists are concentrated.

Last edited by FDXLAG; 01-29-2012 at 06:37 AM.