Thread: Substitution
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 07:59 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post

Substitution window over 72 hours, Total sub window 96 hours. Original trip credit 22 hours. I already have 18 hours for satisfying the original availability period. If a stay in sub for the last and only SAP and then turn down a sub assignment do I one still retain the 18 Sub credit and does the remaining trip guarantee revert to OTP. I don't want to lose the original 18 hours. But also don't want to give away the remaining 4 hours.
Secondly how much can scheds exceed original trip guarantee. In other words can they give me a trip that when added to the 18 hours credit will exceed the original trip guarantee of 22 hours?

Section 25.H.
6. A pilot shall not earn trip guarantee for his original trip if he:

i. - - - or
ii. - - -, or
iii. rejects a substitution assignment which is offered by CRS or through VIPS:
(a) - - -; or
(b) during a required contact or availability period; or
(c) - - -
The way I read that paragraph, if you turn down any trip offered in any availability window, you lose the Trip Guarantee for the entire trip.

5. Substitution Assignment Parameters
A pilot eligible for substitution may be assigned a substitution trip(s) or standby assignment(s) in accordance with the following:
a. Substitution Trip Assignment
The showtime and scheduled termination of a substitution trip must be within a pilot’s substitution window.
In plain language, the substitution trip has to "fit the footprint" of the original trip.

Last edited by TonyC; 02-03-2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added an H