View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 06:37 PM
NERD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009

flyguy,

Quit being such a sissy. This is mgmts. version of shock and awe, just as APA opener a few years ago was. Neither are realistic and neither will come to fruition. NWA mgmt did this and I'm sure UAL, DAL, and usair did too. They list their must haves with most being throw aways or at least watered down in the end. This gets the attention of the pilots, scares the crap out of most and allows the APA to get a few "wins" and declare a TA victory with unanomous backing by all but the most rabid reps. They will get a final TA close to DAL, UALs or the very worst LCC. Doubt it will be a 6 year either, bet on 4. They will have a very ****ed off pilot group that won't do a thing extra. They will experience massive flight cancelations and delays the first year out of ch11 and will concede in LOAs some givebacks. Been there done that(NWA summer 2007)thank you DC9 and A320 drivers If, and I really mean if, AA thinks they will get all of this and plays hardball to the end, it will be the end of AA.

Originally Posted by flyguy23 View Post
As much as I love your optimism, this isn't a normal negotiation. Management has the upper hand in an enormous way as they know a judge will almost certainly side with them. This is just a replay of previous legacy bankruptcies. This really sucks for the whole industry. Feel horrible for the american guys/gals.