Thread: 1000hr TPIC
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:30 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by SVTCobra View Post
You guys already get a break on converting your military time and now you want credit on a 4 ship formation that you lead?
As already explained - it isn't a break. Do you have a problem with a military pilot and a civilian pilot being on a level playing field? I don't care which way you want to log it but if you as a civvie guy want to log ONLY takeoff to landing then so be it. The 0.2 conversion doesn't account for NEARLY the time I spent on the ground (in control of an aircraft with the intent of flying). All the time waiting in marshall for flight members, waiting at the hold short during a bounce period, in the hot pits, etc....

Congrats for having so many friends and family members serving, but exactly what kind of credit do you want?

Back to the intent of the thread - it seems that the most important block to check for any airline is the TPIC block (whatever the minimum might be) and PIC in a trubine airplane meets that requirement - at least as far as getting the application filled out completely. After that I guess it falls into the hands of the hiring department and it sounds like many on here believe the FedEx (and some others) have lost their way in the hunt for successful line pilots (ref. nitefrater's post)

USMCFLYR