Thread: Aviation degree
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 09:05 AM
JMT21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by NE_Pilot View Post
You neglected the other part of the post, to go to SUNY and get flight training it would cost him:
$101,500 compared to $104,000 is not a real big difference.
Originally Posted by NE_Pilot View Post
What you are neglecting is that those colleges cost a little over half of what ERAU or UND cost, but when you add in the actual flight training, they cost just about the same. So the debt will be about equal.
I think you are missing my point. I'm saying pay for the ratings when you have the money (ie don't try to fly while going to school, wait until you graduate and are making good money with that non avaition degree).

Originally Posted by HoboPilot View Post
JMT21, I realize I will be in quite a bit of debt after school and i also realize I will make less money when I graduate than I would be capable of making if chose a different career path. But that isnt a problem for me. I love flying.
I love a lot of things, but love doesn't pay the bills. Good luck, with the gamble you're taking you're gonna need it.

Originally Posted by UND_jesse View Post
LAFF, doing the ratings up here in canada at the FBO and university as well. Already have us citizenship. When im done, ill see where to go (ie) regionals in the states, or companies up here in canada
You made a wise choice, I'm sure things will work out for you. Keep the shiny side up.