Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 03:47 PM
withthatsaid182
Drinkin' coffee...

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: P-p-piiilatusss

Originally Posted by cdancy View Post
I had an email exchange with their HR person recently. They want 1200TT (Part 135 FO mins) and a multi-engine rating...might this suggest jets in the future?

I'm just shy of their mins. Plan on applying when I meet them. They fly into my airport (JYO) all the time, and they all really seem to enjoy the job. Decent pay, good benefits, fun flying, and at least 26 weeks off a year.

Jets are still just a pipe dream. Assume that there won't be a jet. They would LIKE to do a jet but it just won't be feasible for some time to come.

The pay is decent if you're coming from a CFI gig or low paying regional but in the long term it is not somewhere you can make a fair amount of money.

It is a gig designed to entice guys for about 4-5 years then move on, that is the only way the pay will be good. Making in the low 60's in new england is not that great if you're trying to raise a family especially with young kids.

But Hey, it is a single engine t'prop so you can only milk it for so much.

It can be a fun job, and the group of pilots is top notch and probably one of the best you'll find.