At home on the maddog!
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2009
  • Position
    ATL MD-88A
Quote: No, you're right, you weren't attacking the messenger at all. Show me the part were you were taking issue with my logic, just in case.

My argument is this: I have been overcome by a strange case of the "bull$hits" when faced with the proposition that Carl should be up for a Scope Hawk award, considering the record of his generation, and his position within the airline. Maybe it's because he was giving us an advance preview of his acceptance speech, with the "I'm just doing what the old guys tought me in the 70's" (but never actually applied) routine. It just struck me as weird.

If you had told me a junior DC-9 Captain that's moving all over creation to avoid the right seat was concerned about RJ's, and HE was a Scope Hawk, that would have seen logical, and I wouldn't have balked.

Have a nice evening.
You sure are making a bunch of assumptions. Could it be that not every person fits neatly into your world of stereotypes? Carl doesn't need me to defend him... but I will say that he has been extremely consistent over the years in the views he expresses here.

And thanks for the little jab about "avoiding the right seat." What a bunch of crap. Did it ever occur to you that, at age 52 and having lost the retirement I was counting on half way through my career, I might need to make as much money as possible to rebuild that retirement? Do you think I've enjoyed being on reserve for the past 5 years? And on a side note, have you seen me complaining about it?

Keep slinging that mud, Sink r8.