Thread: Aviation degree
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 12:18 PM
UND_jesse
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: concrete pump operator

Originally Posted by Puppyz View Post
UND jesse ur plan sounds right on. I would love to have been in your position. I have been to Canada and visited flight schools there as well. I wish I could live in Canada. It's easy now to convert Canadian to FAA or FAA to Canadian. Good luck to you.

btw i'm curious as to how you got a dual?? I didn't know they had actual ''dual citizenships''. I thought you had to pick one if you were born outside of Canada.
My mom is from wichita kansas and my dad is from up here. To get dual now a days you pretty much need a us mom or dad or get sponsored.

In response to flying in canada, I think there is just as much opportunity up here. There are lots of charter opporutnities up north that pay starting FO's just a bit more than Regional FO's. I also think that the university/flight training programs here are great becuase you learn to fly, and earn credits toward a business degree so you have the fall back. The airlines out here are doing very fine even though the governments had to bail out air canada at least 2 times