Thread: Seeking Advice
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 05:08 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Default Seeking Advice

I have been reading this forum for a month or so but just read something that concerned me enough to post.
I'm 31, took me a few years to pay off my Private and Instrument training. Reading all the posts on this and other forums, and talking to working pilots I became discouraged and gave up trying for a career. I finally decided that I love it enough to finish up and start flying again. However apparently I might have a problem. 11 years ago I was prescribed an anti-depressant for anxiousness and irritability. Looking back the doc barely looked at me and just wrote the prescription. I was on it for two weeks when I decided it wasn't for me. Started exercising and flying and haven’t had a problem since. However, being the responsible pilot I am I reported this to my doc when I got my medical certificate. She advised me that I shouldn't have as it had been only 2 weeks but it was already marked on the application. No biggie, I just wright PRNC (previously reported no change) on the application each time I renew my certificate.

Still with me?

So I am reading this forum and someone reported that my chances of being hired by an airline may be hurt because of this. I am wondering if I finish will I ever get a good gig with this on my record? Or should I just face the facts and give up......again. It’s gotta be financially viable for me to continue.

So there it is. I am interested to hear what you guys have to say.