View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 07:23 PM
amhess
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: B744 FO

Originally Posted by captain152 View Post
Right now the upgrade at Pinnacolaba (Colgan) will be a LONG time (5-7 years minimum) for any new hire. We have a mediocre contract (when compared to the good ones) and are going through a financial downswing currently. Don't pay attention to all the rumors you see on here regarding "what's going to happen" here because the truth is no one knows anything yet.

I don't know much about Republic.

Just keep in mind that things can change quickly in this industry and 1-2 years from now everything could be different.

Lots of people will probably tell you to go to Republic because Pinnacolaba could furlough in the not too distant future. But if you live in or near a base for one of the airlines that would be HUGE for QOL.

Good luck with your decision!!

Side note: being former military did you not acquire enough time to go straight to a major (should they be hiring)?
I have enough time to go to a major, but it isn't recent. I've been out of the cockpit for about 6 years, so I'm going to have to go somewhere to get some time before the majors will give me a shot. I did apply to SWA and JetBlue, but as expected, they didn't call.