View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:39 AM
shiznit
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: right for a long, long time

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Listen, you're much more knowledgeable about the process than I am, but explain to me why, if another organization representing us were able to get the company to agree to a greater percentage wage increase why the NMB would step in and say, "No, not possible." You're assuming your present bargaining agent is going to get the most the company is willing to agree to, which I don't consider a given. Explain to me why that is not a possibility.

That being said, I am one who thinks the alternative could possibly be better in the long run, but for now have resolved to stay with who I have. They have my full support; there is unity. But that doesn't mean if I'm taken for granted I won't look elsewhere. The argument that my consideration of other options is somehow showing a lack of support or reflects a lack of unity is insulting and annoys me to no end. They need to show me they deserve my business.
I see what you are saying in a "theoretical" sense, but I have met reps in 3 of the LEC's and I seriously doubt any of the one's I've met would send an agreement out that doesn't have the maximum possible gains. (I have PLENTY of reasons I would vote no, evaluating the total package will determine that, I'm not a "one-issue" voter)

Every Rep and MEC bureaucrat will have their pay calculated based on the new contract, so what incentive does that provide for anyone to minimize their own pay? That doesn't appear logical to me.