View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Jesse
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by shiznit View Post
I see what you are saying in a "theoretical" sense, but I have met reps in 3 of the LEC's and I seriously doubt any of the one's I've met would send an agreement out that doesn't have the maximum possible gains. (I have PLENTY of reasons I would vote no, evaluating the total package will determine that, I'm not a "one-issue" voter)

Every Rep and MEC bureaucrat will have their pay calculated based on the new contract, so what incentive does that provide for anyone to minimize their own pay? That doesn't appear logical to me.
I think you and I are in the 95% (regarding underlined text).

As to your second paragraph, no, on it's face it wouldn't be logical. But perhaps you are not considering what some on this thread have alleged about a desire on DALPA's part to appease management. I think there is some argument to made to that point. You can point to some LOAs for example as evidence of a willingness to get along, but at a cost to our members.

Bottom line, your argument that the NMB is the end all be all on determining what we get out of this contract only holds water as long as you believe all negotiating options that could possibly represent our pilots were to achieve the same end result before going to the NMB. There are many who would argue otherwise. This was the point of my original post.