Thread: "Other" Time
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 07:40 PM
smee
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: F/O
Default "other time"

Bottom line, your log book is YOUR log book. For me, I copied all of my A-Forms into Log10 Pro--didn't interpret or interpolate. If I got credit for primary time while a co-pilot, then so be it. But when it came to logging time as an a/c, I still kept whatever split was annotated in the A-forms. I did not include any additives for each flight to account for block time (eg. .2 or .3 per sortie). If it comes down to that, then it should be simple enough to take the number of total flights in the AF times whatever multiplier the company wants to use, and voila you have your number. My numbers for my 121 apps were very conservative. I'm sure I could have skewed the numbers a little, but I didn't see the point. If you look at the FAR/AIM, you are not required to provide substantiating documents. It's on your honor. Most of us take that to heart, but there are some that will take advantage of that. Whoa be the dude that embellishes/lies. From what I've seen, they tend to self-identify. As long as you can explain your logic and your logic is sound--WRT YOUR log book--you have nothing to worry about. Many different techniques. Choose yours smartly and stick with it.

Cheers,
Smee