DH2WN , 12-28-2005 06:08 PM
Line Holder
DH2WN
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2005
Quote: Home SliceT6--

VJA stands for Voluntary Junior Available and pays time and a half. They use this to assign trips that didn't get picked up in daily open time etc. and in lieu of JA.

Don't VJA your first year though. Any open time you pick up during your first year pays second year pay ($74.49/trip) vs. time and a half of first year pay ($66.22/trip).

Also, regarding the SWA F/O who made $200k this year it is true. I know him and he REALLY works the system. He barely has any days off but he lives in domicile. He's an older guy who must retire soon that's why he's busting ass so much. On the other extreme I have flown with captains who give away so much that their second paycheck of the month is less than $100.00. I saw one who got paid $14.00 on the 20th.

If a guys just flies his line you will get paid about 1,080 trips per year and block about 750 hours. Just multiply the trip rate of whichever year you want by 1,080 and you'll get pretty close to what the average Joe line holder makes who doesn't pick up.

Good Luck!

S.B.
"Works the system" = F-ing over the company and fellow co-workers. All within the weak contract language though. Loopholes which wil hopefully be closed when the next contract is done.