View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
As far as having SWA's scope clause.. I am not sure what effect it would have. I honestly do not know. We could very well find that DAL decides to change the direction they are going wrt all international flying, and they could send a ton of guys out the door. "Every reaction has an equal and opposite reaction" a once very smart man said.... or as another said "Be careful what you wish for" I just don't have enough information to make that call.... I admire your confidence.
Amazing "logic". If we had SWA's scope, they might change direction on ALL international flying and send a ton of guys out the door. This concern coming from an international captain. So to keep that from happening, we need to keep our current pathetic scope that allows all this outsourcing.

Sad to say it, but I think this is an example that some of the junior guys talk about regarding a senior wide body captain just caring about his pay increase and status - even at the expense of scope. They don't want to come out and say that they care more about their pay increases than scope, so they instead produce this tortured logic about strong scope causing guys to be thrown out.

Carl