View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 09:07 AM
The E-Train

Default Looking For Flight Schools

Hello all,

This is my first post to the webforum, even though I have enjoyed reading the various threads that have developed.

Just to give you some background on myself, I am a 24 year old graduate student looking to finish my Master's degree in March of 2006. I currently work for an insurance company in Connecticut, and like many people who have worked other jobs, whether it be one event or another (my event was flying for business trips) a love for flying is rekindled.

The question I have is.....

I need reference on some good flight schools. I've looked at a bunch in FL, because I love florida, and plus my fiance's parents live there, but I need some recommendations on schools. I've heard good things about the CAPT Program at Embry-Riddle, and there are a bunch affiliated with various airlines, but I am having a hard time deciphering all the different programs and which one is the best for me. My ultimate goal is to fly for the majors, despite the current status of the industry, lack of hiring, cut back pensions, etc. I've talked to a guy at my church who works for American, and he's put me in contact w/ a few other pilots, but most of the guys I have talked to are ex-military, and i'm looking for info from the civilian route.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

The E-Train