View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 01:01 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Laid off

Originally Posted by ClutchCargo View Post
YOU are not to be included in the airline pilot group. You left that career behind a long time ago. Plus, you never met the published experience minimums to apply for a major airline job.

I never took this job to make a lot money. I pursued it for the sheer adventure. It's never let me down yet. Well, there was that one year flying SD3-60's in the northeast. Even that was an adventure of sorts. Or at least an experience.

Let it go. By your own admission you were never cut out for this life anyway.
To be accurate I was laid off. After two decades of effort and with almost 7000 hours I was not qualified for various reasons. I valued the quality of my life and that of my families over a self destructive addiction. The only jobs I could find involved more moves to places we did not want to be for less money than could be found at the hardware store.

We are all glad that you have enjoyed your career however I implore you to consider the perspective of the pilot who is considering initiating a career today. At my home airport the price for an hour in a Cessna 152 is $108/hour. The first few years wages at UAL pay less than that of a mailman.

Skyhigh