Thread: Comair updates?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 04:01 AM
The Chow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 1st year pay for the 3rd time

Oceanic,

Can you give us a bit of a snap shot of what life is like working in China? Do you live there full time? Do you have a wife and kids?

Personally I think my future is somewhere overseas as I see little hope for ever making it to the majors in the U.S.

TC

Originally Posted by OceanicPilot View Post
Hi all,

I know this thread doesn't get much traffic now but I wanted to post a job recommendation to anyone who might want/need it. Feel free to pass it on to any of your friends. I'm a former Comair guy who left a few years ago and I'm flying in China now. Anyone that is interested can check out Welcome to BAA Ltd.

It's a managed corporate aircraft outfit over here with a bunch of jets on order. They have some CL850's they are needing crews to fly. WASInc is one of the agencies that handles recruitment for them.

Typed Captains can make $8800 per month plus $2400 housing allowance.
FO's can make $5720 plus $1200 monthly housing allowance.

All positions also pay daily per diem.

Living in China isn't too bad and the money is great for those willing to come over. BAA is a reputable outfit and I have known a few guys to fly for them. Feel free to check out the BAA and WASInc. websites for more info or you can PM me and I'll try to get you any information I can about them or living in China.

Best of luck to all you guys and gals left there....