Thread: MEC TPA Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 AM
oldmako
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM

Originally Posted by APC225 View Post
In the end it isn't about commuters, hubs, extending TPAs. It's about a culture of chronic and inexorable wearing down of the employees so that just give up. Lorenzo started it and although it let up a bit once, it's back with a vengeance now.
Bingo.

I knew a guy whose father was in upper level management at UAL during the ESOP days and beyond. His dad hated unions to his marrow and loved nothing more than sticking a finger in labors eye every chance he got. It was corp culture to screw the pilots in particular since they owned the majority of the airline. Tilton was this guys wet dream, and now Smisek is following his lead. I believe that screwing us (L-UAL) was part of the plan and they are enjoying it. It will be interesting to see how we, as a combined group stand up for ourselves in the coming months. So far, I'm disappointed in the lack of resolve and anger displayed by some of the troops on both sides of the fence. It's beyond embarrassing. I feel like I'm flying with "The Stepford Pilots".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stepford_Wives

Last edited by oldmako; 02-28-2012 at 11:06 AM.