View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 06:41 AM
freightguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
This is very telling. From what I can gather from these two posts, you are a classic study in the entitlement mentality, and I am sure that you have no qualms about throwing rocks at more senior pilots because "they got theirs". To wit: You said in your first post that if contract 2012 does not restore OUR pay, then you are out the door. In post number two you reiterate that you would be subject to furlough. Since the contract that reduced OUR pay was over 10 years ago, and if you truly are as close to furlough as you intimate, then you never enjoyed the fruits of that contract in C2K, so now you feel entitled to those same fruits. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see you get paid what a newhire (since essentially that is what you are) was paid in the right seat of the 767, but you are issuing an ultimatum to get something you never had... THat is why I wish you the best of luck.
Tsquare, I am not throwing rocks at senior pilots. You seem to have an attitude that there is nothing better than Delta when people mentioned foreign contracts... it maybe for you. I just mentioned that your situation is very different than mine. As a widebody captain, you will have a better career by staying at Delta. As a junior FO, I will be better off somewhere else if the next contract does not show significant gains. My only 'ultimatum' as you put it, is a personal decision. While many mouth off and live under an inferior contract, I will just walk away.

Entitlement issues? Just because I want a decent contract? So what do you want me to do to 'redeem' myself of the entitlement attitude? Accept a 'B' scale? I worked very hard to make it to Delta. My path to the airline cockpit included starvation, rooflessness and a bunch of other sacrifices. I still work very hard. I have made a very decent living outside of my Delta paycheck and employed a number of people... not because I'm sitting on my butt with entitlement issues but beacuse I work hard and I am ambitious.

And no... I am not a new-hire. But not too far from the bottom. When I said I will be very close to the bottom on furlough... it is relative. It depends on how many they put on the street (if they do it). But I will take a voluntary furlough if that happens and will be out with the first wave.

At the end of the day tsquare... I am your best friend. Voting with your feet is the best way to restore a decent contract for the remaining folks. By me and some others leaving Delta, you will indirectly benefit.