Old 02-29-2012, 08:20 AM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by dtwairbus320 View Post
Hi everyone,

First post so please be kind.

Those numbers comparing revenue generated per pilot are interesting but if true are not surprising. We generated record profit over $1 bil. each year for the last two years. That seems a little rich to me. Does that seem a little too rich to anyone else?

Our pay is severely lagging behind other employee groups at Delta. Flight attendants and gate agents are very near to their pre-bankruptcy pay(percentage-wise). Ask them. Other employee groups may be as well. I don't know. Why are we being left behind?

That is our money being used to pay down debt. It's like for the last two years each of us sat down to write a personal check to Delta in the amount of about $80,000($1bil./12,000 pilots). That's how I look at it. It makes me angry to see Delta have such high profits because we subsidized it.

I don't care about AMR corp's bankruptcy. I don't care about how much oil is. These are not my problems. They are not in my control. These are managements problems. AMR will come back again. Oil will go up and down. Don't let them fool us into thinking it is our burden to absorb these events into our paychecks and benefits. I only hope the union thinks the same way.

Of course it's managements job to low-ball us in a negotiation. That's what they are supposed to do. They will never offer us what we want. It is unsettling to see some of my colleagues on here and on line resign themselves to a 4% increase over four years if it were offered. This is unspeakable and outrageous! I'm junior and am willing to fight to the end for what we all deserve and what is right.
DTW, welcome! And great first post.

I didnt know the other groups were almost back to pre chapter 11 pay? That's something we can work with.