View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:49 AM
ATCsaidDoWhat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: What day is it?

Originally Posted by Fishfreighter View Post
While buying the assets out of Chapter 7 make economic sense to the average bean counter, ask yourself this question...

Is it cheaper in the long run to buy a turnkey, proven operation or to grab some airplanes and then try to staff them, especially if they are already operating the largest military contracts?

Personally, if the price is right AND if I had already approached the Company with a buyout offer, I'd choose the former.

And how do you explain the little fact that the VP of NAA Inflight just dropped an app to Atlas? Think she might have some "insider" info? Somehow I think her info is better than tha average Atlas line pilot.
What I don't think you are grasping is that Atlas already has very lucrative AMC contracts. They already are a PROVEN operation. And a very lucrative one at that.

Yes, you might well make a decision as you say. Atlas' track record of sound business decisions pretty much speaks for itself.

So the VP of Inflight at NAA "dropped" her app to Atlas. Trust me...if she was that good or talented, they would have approached her. But...assuming you have inside information...which I suspect you do not...Atlas already has an Inflight department head who already knows Atlas procedures and policies. So unless things are a train wreck...which they are not...WHY would they hire this person? Unless she wants to work as a F/A...in which case she will compete like everyone else...

I can give you one piece of information that you CAN take to the bank: Atlas will not...repeat...will not...buy any operation that will involve the merging of seniority lists. They might buy assets...and maybe even offer preferential interview and hiring opportunities...but they will not buy an operation and go through an integration process or the risk of absorbing any employee group that they haven't had the chance to screen themselves.