Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 AM
globalexpress
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by Vito View Post
After searching this website and a few others I'm surprised to see the tuition at FIT is over $34,000! plus $11,000 room and board and I have to assume another $15,000 year for flight time (unless its included, which I doubt) Now your looking at ERAU prices!! The scoop I've heard concerning FIT is there are alot of foreign studs who seem to get a higher priority at times due to various reasons.
GLOBAL EXPRESS....No hit on ERAU but almost everyone I fly with in both the Air Force and Civilian tell me its way overpriced, though it has an excellent reputation, and if given the choice they would have gone somewhere else. Thats easy for them to say now, but I'm really not willing to spend $60,000/yr. Plus I really want my son to experience real weather issues, Cancellations, re-filing flight plans re-routes etc etc that is valuable training in itself. ERAU would be high on the list, if money wasn't an issue but thats not the case.
If the prices you quote for FIT are correct, then the cost to go to ERAU is similar to the cost of FIT. The ERAU website used to have a page that had the entire cost of the 4 year Aeronautical Science program with flight training, and if I remember correctly for the 4 years it was around $120,000. I can't seem to find that page now unfortunately. I am not recommending ERAU at all and probably wouldn't send my kid to either FIT or ERAU for an education and flight training at those costs, but if you're willing to shell out the $$$ for FIT, you may as well consider ERAU. It definitely isn't $60K/year as you're friends told you.