View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 AM
GQpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Speaking French

Originally Posted by meyers9163 View Post
I don't follow why all these pilots feel slighted because they didn't get a call from Airways. Had this been Fedex, Southwest, or Delta and you didn't get a call would you feel slighted too? Seems like some thought "Airways sucks so if they are my only choice I'll go." Airways, no matter what is the only legacy at the time running classes.... So I'd not feel slighted at all by getting a thanks but no thanks email for the time we are currently at with no one else really hiring.....

Last class I know had 5 PSA pilots and 2 PDT... A mix of a single regional pilot from others too.... No real science behind why they got the call. I do know all the PSA captains that got the class and all are great pilots and people..... Their resumes I bet have 6000tt plus as well.....
I think you're right, there is some of that, "Airways sucks, so if they are my only choice I'll go," attitude. We are probably the ONLY MAJOR AIRLINE that will do hiring in 2012. Alaska had the same problem back in the 90's. People went there while they waited to get on at United, etc. Now look at Alaska, it's one of the only decent airlines left to work at. Who knows what the future holds.

For those that really want to work here (maybe 1 person), once the other majors start hiring (maybe 2013), US will be hiring lots and they may not be able to attract pilots with 4 year degrees or high 121 PIC time.

Best of luck to all, these are exciting (terrifying) times!