Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Normann
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 320 Left soon middle

Originally Posted by dn_wisconsin
I think in the last award which is effective for May or June the most junior guy is 4/2/2007 with the initials GG.....and he's ACY if my memory is correct. Seniority list number 349 but we all know those don't mean much. Still quite a few names that probably won't return unless hell freezes over and they never seem to match with FLICA.
You probably know this but in case you don't. If you go to FLICA under a system bid award, you can select "ALL bases" and there you can see the actual numbers. Right now this May bid is not published but the numbers are not that different from April. So based on that, the last award (initials GG) was 346 out of 599. You can also see your own number. Mine is off by 50-60 from the "seniority number" that HR is using.

Right now we are running a ratio of 14.5 pilots per plane. We are somewhat fat at the moment but 14 is typical since they need to keep an unusually high reserve ratio... Anyways... figure 7 upgrades per airframe. This last award probably covered all the deliveries including May this year. So we will have may be 3 more deliveries past May for 2012. Thus probably another 20-25 upgrade vacancies that will have an effective date in 2012.

I guess all those "we are getting 20000000000000 planes per second" predictions from the super secret board are... well...

2007 was a big hiring year for Spirit. We will be upgrading 2007 hires for a long while. I am guessing all the way until Spring/Early Summer of 2013. Considering the current delivery schedule and considering the bypass ratio will remain the same. Right now around 15% of the FOs are bypassing.