Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Plane Ramrod
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by shiftwork View Post
yes happy and thinks it is a very good qol contract. matt you are a smart guy... something to the effect: based upon a guy that has been in the business since the mid/late 70’s, worked at two former legacy carriers (before and after dereg.) he just might have a pretty good idea of what a decent contract is???? verstehen?

if I remember correctly eastern was once one of the top companies in america to work for.... before lorenzo of course; and I’m not sure but twa probably was a pretty good place as well?

i’ve had several older pilots tell me: “pay can come and go but don’t give up your work rules!” (they are hard if not difficult to get back)

do i think the contract is perfect, NO but show me a place that has a perfect contract...
Oh, and one more thing, El Shiftero, Mr Eastway likes this hobby flying contract now, but what about those of us that are left at year eight of this contract? I sure hope we grow into the relevance that disallows the nmb from authorizing a strike, but the trade off is a decade long contract. If we make it that long.