View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Bbourne2009
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: CA

Hey man,

I'm a low time guy as well. I'm right in the middle of Florida. Got about 500tt, 100multi and trying to find any job other than instructing seems to be hard unless you know the right people. Your pretty much limited to jump pilot, banner tow, ag., pipeline, ferry, and instructing. Idk much about whether or not you could find fish spotting in FL. Either way a lot of these jobs I have listed still require even hire times than I've got. I'm still in my 3rd year of college so it's not like I've been applying to anything. but I do instruct for the summers and I must say it definitely has given me a lot more knowledge than I ever got going through training myself. As for other flying I've done, I do happen to know some people so I get some left seat king air time here and there and even that I don't feel is as helpful as the instructing I've done. (turbine time is nice but I don't really learn anything)

If you ask me, I say instructing is the best route to take (sorry if you don't want to hear that ). If you think about it, all these "disgruntled airline pilots" did it. Key words being airline pilots. otherwise my best advise if you reaaally don't want to do that is start networking your way into something you want to do. I just think that may be harder if you don't already have the connections.

Good luck though with your decision.

Brandon