View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Wildflyin View Post
True....but if I don't have the money (or the means to get it) to put up front, then it doesn't really matter that I have the GI Bill money. That being said, I am sure I will find a way to put away a bit at a time, it will just take a bit longer is all. Adapt and overcome
How long were you in the military? Did this idea of flying professionally just pop into your head recently? It is a very expensive endeavor no doubt and often times take planning in advance like putting away some money beforehand to front the costs - like a business. Of course ou may argue that there are ways to get loans for starting businesses and that is true. There were ways to get loans for flight training too in the past until the banks figure out that your "business" was likely to fail and you would be unable to pay your loan on that $20,000/yr salary. Maybe you would have a better shot at getting a loan with the bank knowing that they would be reimbursed through the GI Bill. You are right though - ADAPT AND OVERCOME if you really want this job!

USMCFLYR