View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Wingnutdal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
Then by all means tell me exactly where I'm wrong. If you're done hurling dopey insults that is.

Carl
Yeah Carl, I'm not done. This whole conversation started with Sailing saying that if it goes to the NMB expect a long process. Maybe 5 years. You called him a liar, several times.

Then, very subtly you changed the conversation and claimed he said that the NMB portion of negotiations would take 5 years. And again you called him a liar.

You are so blinded by rage (about the sli is my guess) and entitlement issues that you are either unable to correctly read and comprehend the English language or you are pushing an agenda. The agenda in the long run is to get rid of ALPA, in the short term to set up a belief in everyone's mind that if we don't get everything we want within 6 months of starting negotiations that DALPA has failed and we should change agents.

Now you can say what the NMB is going to do. That's fine, and the arguments you make are good. But it would be idiotic to think that the company isn't going to have arguments to counter them. So, no one knows what the NMB will say or do, and to claim you do know is foolish.

Now, some recent history that Johnso was referring to. I'll post the source documents so everyone can read for themselves,

APA Negotiations Updates 2010
crewroom.alpa.org/pclmec > Negotiations
http://unbiasedfacts.org/WallStreetJournalOnContinentalPilotPay.pdf[/url]
AirTran Pilots Ratify New Contract | AVIATION WEEK

So, the point? Quit giving people the impression that we'll walk in, slam our demands on a desk, give them the finger and walk out with a new contract that has everything we want. That's not going to happen, and you know it's not going to happen. We have a chance to get everything right this time, and whether it takes 6 months or 5 years, let's get it right. But we have to be prepared for that, and be patient to get it right. And to strike if necessary.