Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Carl Spackler , 03-23-2012 09:44 AM
Back on TDY
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2008
  • Position
    747-400 Captain
Quote: Quote for me where he said that.
No matter what I post, you'll say I didn't prove it. But for others who's minds aren't closed:

Quote: This is much like the Delta contract. There are many who advocate a contract position with nothing less then total restoration plus inflation. Sounds great on paper but again what are the risks and what are the rewards. If you end up iced by the NMB and 5 years later we are still working under this agreement was that a wise choice?
Quote: Second question. Do you see DPA being able to establish a working relationship and the political ties that will be required to get past the NMB in this contract in the amount of time remaining? What will they do different from American to avoid the 5 year debacle that has been their contract negotiations.
Quote: The only way to get that type of contract will be after a release from the NMB. Contrary to what Carl thinks this is going to be a political contract. The NMB already recognizes it as a watershed contract in the industry. They have involved themselves in the process already which is highly unusual.

The normal time frame to get through the NMB is 4 years at the moment. Our contract will take longer. The earliest we can expect a release if ever is probably around 2017.
Carl