View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Spicy McHaggis
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Blockoutblockin View Post
In your opinion.
Originally Posted by HSLD View Post
Your right, It should read "will have an opportunity to return" rather than "will return". Yes, it is my opinion that furloughed pilots will return with a line number sr. to new hires.
It's almost a foregone conclusion that newhires in 2012 will be behind all pilots from L-UAL and L-CAL. It's been like that in almost every merger ever done. As an example, and I know the dates are exactly correct, but AA was hiring like crazy in early 2001 during the merger with TWA. The pilots hired at AA after the merger date (say Mar 1, 2001 but I'm not sure of the exact date) went behind everyone that was on property at AA and TWA. I think something similar happened at DAL/NWA.

That's past history so we shall see. If I were looking at a job at the new UAL, I would seriously consider the above scenario happening. Of course, there are a lot of relatively "old" guys at both UAL and CAL, so there will be movement eventually. Like mentioned above, the age 65 retirements finally starting, assumed better work rules, and *gasp* maybe some actual expansion should generate some actual movement up the seniority list.