View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 01:05 PM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by swaayze View Post
I am furloughed USAir and recalls are getting reasonably close to me. ..........................................Your honest thoughts and insights are appreciated. Flaming is not.
Thanks,
Swaayze
You have a seniority # at a Major............do not lose (or give it up) it unless you have a truly Better Gig.

Been there done that twice myself......and getting recalled is almost like starting over because you are generally the Junior person all over again.

It it very reasonable to expect that D. Parker (after his brief Alcohol Rehab is done ) will attempt another to merge or acquisition, or USair could get bought by someone else. Who knows.
Keep your # and that 1000 PIC you are trying to get might be a moot point.

Take your recall and go for the 737. USAir use to have a paragraph in the contract (when I worked there) they would give FO's (after 5 years vesting) a type in the aircraft they were training on. I got my 737 type there when I was an FO. If you don't have 5 years, maybe you could work something out. Get the type and then you have that to fall back on if USAir doesn't work out, however, I think you will be fine in the long run.

In any case Good Luck