Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:47 PM
dvd1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by Tampa 2 View Post
Most if not all the DEC are prob still in training or IOE. The most junior FLL/TPA capt is 7/06.You may get FLL/TPA temporarily while the fl crews transition to the saab. Holding either wont happen for a while esp since both are supposed to be all sf340 bases by the end of the year. I hear they may keep a couple of 1900s down south as backups or something else.
Days off prob the min 11 for reservere.. if you can hold a line (which is possible with all the movement) maybe 13 to 15 at best since most days off go senior.
Unless you live in CLE its going to be two leg commute to all bases except fll/tpa. My guess would be NE bases if you already live east. Unfortunately you will likely get BIL since they are adding more flights & helena MT as destination out there. At least you dont have to worry about senior fo's upgrading ahead of you for now since they are all training for the saab or far fm upgrading....Good Luck
Gotcha.... TPA ain't gonna happen for DEC...... I don't think I would commute if I'd get the job, at least not while being on reserve.

Since we are in the subject of DECs, what are they really looking for in terms of time/aircraft experience of DECs? Posted minimums are just basic ATP mins, which a bunch of regional FOs on the streets currently have.

Are they looking for T-Prop experience? (I don't have any) PIC? SIC time?