Thread: Our JCBA
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 05:49 PM
AxlF16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain

Originally Posted by LifeNtheFstLne View Post
Exactly. One day our mostly lazy, and now disenfranchised groups will read between the lines of what our MECs put out. The problem is, our pilots are waiting to hear a message that will never come, due to legal ramifications. We hold the leverage. Use it.
You're exactly right. Some pilots will never 'get it'. I honestly don't know what happened to the Captains I flew with 12 years ago who 'got it' AND shared it with their F/Os. These days I find that the majority of the time I'M mentoring the captains. I am not at all surprised by the company negotiators inability to see what the rush is... I AM surprised that he would say it out load though.

I'm not advocating anything, but i will clearly say that despite my constant refusal to waive the contract or go beyond the REQUIREMENTS of the contract, I have NEVER been called on the carpet or questioned about my decisions. Seriously, I have been reasonable, conservative, and professional at all times (and not stupid) so there's nothing to be scared of.