View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 08:04 AM
gettinbumped
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
.... And here is what the JNC had to say inbetween these two MC updates.

From the MEC Update dated March 16:

Joint Negotiating Committee Update

This week, your JNC continued to meet with management in Baltimore under the supervision of the NMB mediator. Negotiations centered on the JCBA scheduling sections (Sections 5, 20 and 22). Using the mediator’s suggested small group format for these negotiation sessions has generated more progress than we have seen in the past. Progress continues to be made in reducing the number of open scheduling items. While our stated goal during the last three weeks in Baltimore was to close all of the issues remaining in scheduling prior to our departure, we have a number of topics that must be addressed.

Given the fact that our progress has been significant, the JNC and management will continue this process when we resume negotiations in Chicago the week of March 26 in an effort to close the remaining issues. Additionally, when discussing the interaction of sick leave with scheduling issues, we were able to solve the remaining open issues in Section 13 – Sick Leave and have now achieved an agreement in principle (AIP) on this section.

So which MC is being the Debbie Downer here? It appears as if the JNC and UA MC are the ones looking at different paintings.
I'm absolutely shocked at your post. You're satisfied with the pace of negotiations? You'd be happy to have a contract 1st Q of next year?????? That's a year away in case you are struggling with the math. Well, if that is the prevailing attitude over there, I'm sick to my stomach. Debbie Downer?!?! We've been negotiating WORK RULES for over a year. Work rules. 1 Year. WAKE UP