View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:28 AM
gettinbumped
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
Lighten up Francis, I was pointing out the disconnect between the JNC's (you know, the people actually in the room) update on March 16th and your MC's update not a week later. Nowhere did I comment about how I feel about the pace, just highlighting the utter disparity in message content and tone coming from sUA sources over a very brief period of time. That is disconcerting. I agree with everything you said, and I am absolutely concerned about the pace. I am, however, alarmed that conflicting messages about said negotiations are being sent out.

Is it the JNC'S "our progress has been significant" (3/16), or Heppner's "....continue at an unacceptable pace"(3/22) that we are to believe?

Being that the MC is a de facto member of the NC, I would hope for more consistent message discipline to rally the troops behind. We are not talking about a 6 month window here between the 2 disparate updates, but rather a week. They need to get their story straight before we can all start rowing together in the right direction.

I'll lighten up as soon as we have a JCBA. You call the guy who is calling out the process for being unreasonably slow a "Debbie Downer". Your MC just got excited over having a contract in another YEAR. That is utter crud. When management wants concessions they rewrite the whole contract in WEEKS.

You want our side to get the message straight?? Your MC just publicly called out the UAL MEC for filing a grievance against the company, saying it distracted from the JCBA. This is the same MC who weeks before was doing nothing but negotiating side deals and settling grievances outside of negotiations.

As far as I'm concerned the pace is ridiculous. Anyone who says so at the MEC level is who I'm agreeing with. I guess that makes me another of your "Debbie Downers". As they say in the Right Stuff, "Alright I'm cooler than you, now fix your little problems and LIGHT THIS CANDLE!"