Old 03-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Pontius Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: CRJ FO

I agree with unity. We need to stand together. If we are all divided and serving our own interests all the time then management wins. None of us are going to agree to completely with the other - that's life - we all have different backgrounds, different opinions, different ways of thinking and different expectations. We need to find our common ground and stand together. We can't let fear and worry divide us any longer. We can't allow management here pit us against a pilot group over there. This is not "us and them", this is "we". We are in this all together. We need to fight to put this industry back where we want it to be.

I don't want to be stuck at a regional the rest of my life. I want my career to progress. I don't want to see pay and benefits eroded every few years because the airlines claim they "aren't competitive". This cycle is ridiculous and it needs to stop. I sense every day that the anger is growing and sooner or later the cork is going to blow. I'd rather see the change before we get to that point.

I suggest we start wearing our wings upside down in a similar manner to the flag being flown upside down, for the following 3 reasons. 1) as a sign of this profession being in distress. 2) as a symbol of unity with ALL airline pilots - Regional and Mainline. 3) as a token of our willingness to turn things around and stand up for change.