Old 03-26-2012, 08:09 AM
What
Underpaid...

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: French-Canadian

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I tend to agree. One noteworthy aspect of the Eagle term sheet is the inclusion of rates for up to 76-seats and only arbitration if something larger should be flown. It also includes rates for larger turboprops. As such, it would seem they are confident of getting RJ's in the CRJ-700/900 and E-170/175 range to provide feed in the 64-76 mixed class range. The Q400 also seems to have a place. I would expect the above 5 aircraft to be the bulk of the replacement for AA feeders. Horton is open to merge with U, although it would appear he wants to do it after reorganization vs. Parker's before exiting. Regardless, it's then just then a matter of when, not if AA and U start canoodling. U mainline pilots fly E-190's I believe and thus when AA and U merge, it would seem to draw the line at 76-seats for the combined feed operation.
The same argument can be made with JetBlue and or Alaska! AMR has stated that they could see consolidation in the future but not necessarily with US Airways! PHL doesn't help with the issues AMR is facing in the NE, Delta is attacking AMR hard and fast, 7 flights were added between LGA/DFW this week I believe!