Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:18 AM
On Autopilot
West Coast livin

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by sandrich View Post
Autopilot, I talked to you at the hotel and you seemed like a stand up guy. When I told you my partner and I were running profiles, you asked if you could join and I said no problem. My post 2 or 3 pages ago wasn't to call you out on a lie, I was simply trying to say that your post had nothing to do with the current state of the thread, and seemed as if you were just coming in to make a point that you got screwed over (whether you actually did or not, is none of my business). That being said, what other people may or may not have done during training is also none of mine, yours, nor anyone else's business. Calling someone out on a public forum, saying they cheated on their wife? Who cares, show some class. I was rooting for you to get through, just as I was the rest of my classmates. And to be honest, I would have loved a mock oral. I'd rather find out that I need some extra help BEFORE the risk of getting a pink slip. I even asked Lilly if we can have one. I wish you the best of luck wherever you're at and hope you enjoy doing it.

To the rest of the people on here interested or on their way to training. As Cruz said, dont let these few rants discourage you. The training at Silver is very thorough, but very fun. Everyone here wants you to get through. My only gripe is don't be surprised at the amount of BS that goes on there. It's expected, as with any other regional. They are growing at a rate that is larger than their staffing capacity. You are being put up in a hotel in the heart of a cruise port, so expect to be moved to a different hotel (though this may not happen). They also say training will be 6 weeks... My class started on Jan 16th, and I'm currently sitting at home awaiting IOE which I was told wont start until the second week of April. The Frasca is old and wil probably be down at some point. Also, training typically coordinates with the maintenance hangar for run ups, aircraft orientations, preflight training, and emergency training. Once they move up to Gainesville I'm not sure how this will all pan out.

Let's prevent this very informative thread from being locked, and act like the adults we are...
Sandrich, I agree with you 100%. I will not disscuss my experience with Silver anymore or appear to be bragging about my moving on. I wish you as well as others alll the best. Keep studying!!!!!

Yea I know I called the guy(s) out, however they called me out (though misinformed) but hey, I said my peace. Moving On.