View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 03:00 PM
LeeFXDWG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B737 CAPT IAH

Originally Posted by Dwane View Post
Thanks! Yea, I was kind of thinking this might be the case....it seems the NW is sadly underserved.

I appreciate all the comments!
If you do all the investigation possible, realize your predictions are just that and can change at any time, then go for whatever comes out as the best option for you/your's at that time knowing there is no guarantee of anything. Especially in this industry.

I chose UAL in the mid-90's and turned down DAL and SWA job offers. It was the best decision for me at that time, and it was a sound decision at that time in history. Rolex forward and it was the absolutely wrong decision.

So much so that I took a voluntary furlough in 2008 to leave the then mess and the future mess of the obvious merger that was going to happen.

You can only sharp shoot the process so far. Stuff happens.

Should UCH begin hiring off the street, weigh the pro's/con's, realize the potential outcome, and go with what you think is best.

But, as someone else stated, getting based in SEA takes some seniority horsepower and the commute is hard. Plus the SEA base has been under the gun for quite some time.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.

Frats,
Lee