Thread: Leave eagle for skywest?

FLowpayFO , 03-29-2012 10:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off
FLowpayFO
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2010
Depends on where you live/want to live. I made the jump from Eagle and it has been the best decision I've made. I'm a west coast guy and wanted to stay on this side without having to think about a transcon commutue if Eagle does its usual shuffle of pilots/equipment. Its hard to predict where Eagle will be in 5 years, but my best pilot guess/opinion is AE will either be the next Comair or the new scope buster flying fancy E190's/C-Series for garbage wages (Hoping APA can win the fight on scope).

At SKW starting pay is $22hr, second year will be $37.15 if you are hired some time this year. Its easy to pick up trips on your off days and that will be tacked on top of your min guarantee regardless if you fly 75hrs or not. Deadhead pay is also full hourly pay.

Cons: Reserve here can be ruff. There is no proffering system like Eagle. I found that nice as a commuter because on the last day I would bid RDY1 to be on a flight home right after 2pm. Medical benefits are not as good from what I had but don't know the numbers or facts off hand.

Overall great place to work. Some of the best/upbeat people in the industry I've encountered and when the time comes to move on to something bigger and better, I've learned that SKW people have an overall great reputation in the industry.

Good luck with your decision and PM me if you have anymore questions.