Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

gloopy , 03-29-2012 11:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2010
  • Position
    window seat
Quote: Those young whipper snappers are probably saying the same thing me and my flight school buddies were saying in the late 90s; how many $20 envelopes can you put in a 767 verses $200 passengers?

None of us tool our own advice but it's easy to see how the freight business seems far more stable and profitable. I know, I know, there's no money in freight if we do it. Now if AF does it out of ATL for us that's fine. It's like the E-Jets, they suck if we fly them but they order them like mad for someone else to fly.

Also, it's not lost on people that 17 years at FedEx means you can be an MD11 LCA. What does 17 years buy you at DAL, AMR, UsAiR, the United side of UCAL?
Wait til the dual subsidized Emirates (and others) fake business model/bubble grows exponentially into their sector like it is in ours. They will pop and pop big time, but not before they do a lot of damage to currently profitable cargo operators. FedEx will make it, but they will face pressures for a while that they've never faced so far.