Old 03-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Old UCAL CA
(retired)

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: Old, retired, healthy, debt-free, liquid

Originally Posted by SpecialTracking View Post
Hey Old UCAL,

Just curious, do you use ch 9?
Not available. Don't hear well anyway. Would probably be embarrassed.

Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett
Nice for you......we have 1437 on furlough.
OK...that is unfortunate...truly. I've flown with two who are thrilled about the job offer and the ability to go back to work flying an airplane. I'm truly glad things are starting to work out for them. But, what's your point? Is a pilot who isn't furloughed supposed to feel worse because he's not?

Originally Posted by EWR73FO
You do recognize, though, the age 60 guys that weren't as fortunate as you guys that did make the cutoff. You get to go to 65 and enjoy all you described above because they HAD to leave at 60.
I was 57 and had been a captain for 12 years when the law went into effect. I am quite thankful for the opportunity and fully understand the 5-year "flat-spot" for FO's.

It is what it is. If the law allowed, with remaining good health and the cognitive ability to pass checkrides, I would go further if given the opportunity and under the personal, financial and seniority parameters I described.

I would recommend that to anybody under my same conditions.

I do not dislike this job.

However, the original post was about a small sandbox with too many first graders. We are meandering...at least I am...probably a function of age 61.