View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:07 AM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
There is no talk of a extension just for the record. We are in what can best be described as accelerated section 6. I don't know specifics and I doubt any will be released. I suspect each side has agreed to a hold harmless type agreement. If there is no agreement in the near term then everything on the table will be pulled and we start over with a traditional section 6. I am sure the company is asking for a 5 or 6 year contract and we are asking for a 3 year contract.
Everyone should review the history of contract negotiations over the last 10 years with pilot groups. You may need that knowledge to make a choice soon. I will still be surprised if they reach a accelerated agreement because the gulf between both sides I suspect is grand canyon sized. The union knows that they have the support of the pilot group in search of massive improvements. The company knows they can exploit the process to keep us working under the current agreement for at least 4 years and probably longer based on history.
All true, it seems as if the company wants an accelerated section 6, they also know they can drag this out.

But if the wanted to drag it out then why not start now? Since their in section 6 I bet there is something they want, like labor peace so that they can...

Oh did I post that pic? I meant:

What I'm saying is I bet there is something they want, if they don't get it, then they can drag their feet. In the meantime, contract-itis is something we need to watch for and we need to leverage their desire to fast track this.

As to what I mentioned about the contract and putting it on paper. I get the idea that maybe in two contracts we get back to C2K+ instead of one. I get that being someones motivation and we all know two contracts may happen before the first ever hits the midway point.

But to just say we'll take this deal and then hope to make more gains the next time around is not anywhere near as good as saying we'll take this deal and in this deal we have the mechanisms and systems in place to assure we're back at the table in an expedited manner looking for more gains.