View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 07:04 AM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by FlyByNite View Post

Anyone figured out how to connect to the new AOC network? I guess we need to download Oddessy Client Manager, but I haven't figured out how and the FAQs they posted are confusing at best. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You'll need to be on the INTRAnet to go through the hoops.

From the Pilot Homepage (FedEx | Flight Operations) you should look on the left margin of the page for the link to Software and Technology. Then you'll click on the link for Wireless Network Access.

The next step requires that you be conneted to the FedEx Intranet. You can use a PC in the AOC or at a ramp office. Click on the link at the bottom of the page, Information Security Wireless LAN website. If you follow the steps carefully, it should lead you through the process. Once you complete the official request for Wireless LAN access, you'll have to wait for your ACP to approve your request.

Once you've been approved, you'll need to hook your laptop to the FedEx INTRAnet (with a cable) in order to download the appropriate software. Again, if you follow the instructions, it should be no problem.