View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM
gderek
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by golfandfly
FedEx is a multi-billion dollar corporation that has a very robust legal department. I doubt they are particularly concerned with this issue.

That said, I hope they either decide to work out a settlement and/or win their case. From the company email, it appears they are wanting to send out a blanket amnesty plan to all employees, not just the ones they have investigated. This has been a real mess for sure.

This is also part of the problem. FedEx's legal department is also too arrogant to see when it's wrong. There are a lot of moving parts in HKG and some of them are discriminatory. They are very used to operating in Memphis where they get there way. They also get there way on Capitol Hill but my sense is that this will get interesting.

With that said, if anyone was knowingly ripping off the company, that's a problem. But the company telling your spouse where to live....I'm not so sure they can do that. Just because it says it in the contract doesn't make it legal. Food for thought.

Regardless, we need to support our folks that are undergoing a very stressful time. I'd sure like to know why the company is so fired up about this as I've heard through the grapevine the number of investigations is rather large.

Yet another thing to thank DW and his cronies for. They're arrogance and ineptitude will linger for a long time.