View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 02:59 PM
FmrFreightDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Starboard Side, weekends & holidays.

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
Counter-fact:There has been a coordinated, concerted effort for months, basically since it became obvious the RedvGreen crap wasn't getting traction here, to sell us the Detroit Pilot Association.
IMO, trying to frame dissatisfaction with ALPA and affiliation with DPA as a north v. south issue is misguided. I'm fNWA based in ATL, and I see far more DPA sympathy from the fDAL people I fly with than my fNWA buddies.

Once again, the Red/Green issue was long settled before the merger. Despite the fact that there were (are) some unsettled hard feelings from the Roberts award, they have nothing to do with DPA. You obviously don't really understand the "RedVGreen crap" or you would realize it had no bearing on the merger/SLI and has no bearing on the current question of representation. As I understand it, the fNWA people who are in leadership roles with DPA are all blue book.

FWIW, the last 3 Captains I've flown with have all been RDs and have all been vocal DPA supporters.

Maybe it's time to stop assuming the DPA movement has anything to do with fNWA and the merger and start understanding that is has to do with ALL of us being represented appropriately.